City Hub

Police release new CCTV footage to solve Easter Show stabbing after ‘wall of silence’ from public

Individuals identified in newly released CCTV footage may have had a direct line of sight of the incident, police say. Photo: NSW Police

By ERIN MODARO

NSW Police have released new CCTV footage in a plight to gather more information from the public about a stabbing that occurred at the Sydney Royal Easter Show earlier in the year.

Senior Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said in a statement today that policedo know there are people out there who have information”.

“For whatever reason they have not disclosed that information to the police”.

Superintendent Doherty said that the investigation over the last two months since the stabbing has been met with a “wall of silence”.

In a social media post, police state that following review of the CCTV footage by forensic detectives, some of the people shown may have had a direct line of sight onto the incident. The police are urging anyone who may be able to identify people in the CCTV footage to reach out.

Police Strike Force formed to investigate alleged brawl

NSW police formed ‘Strike Force Calle’ to investigate the homicide, as well as bringing in specialist forensic officers to assist with analysis and forensic work on the crime.

Just a week after the incident, Superintendent Doherty said that there was likely a “missing puzzle piece” to the investigation, and told the public to come forward with any video footage taken of the attack.

The tragic incident occurred on April 11 at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, when Uati “Pele” Faletolu was fatally stabbed in the chest. Police charged a 15-year-old boy with offenses related to the alleged brawl, but he was not suspected to be involved with the stabbing.

Senior police appealed to the public for information via a press release at the NSW Police Headquarters today.

Related Posts