Arts & Entertainment

Full Tilt Festival Cancelled

Full Tilt Sydney, which was due to be held on Saturday February 27 at Bella Vista Farm has been cancelled due to the New South Wales’ Government’s decision to extend their current Public Health Order COVID restrictions by a further month.

With these restrictions being extended, Full Tilt Festival cannot proceed in Sydney despite exhausting all possible options to ensure the event would be able to go ahead. Full Tilt organisers said in a statement that they are devastated for the thousands of fans, artists, contractors, crew and event staff who were looking forward to a COVID-safe event.

Promoter Chris O’Brien said, “We have zero confidence in any of the state governments anymore. They constantly backflip on restrictions with absolutely no notice or industry consultation. For the most part we have been disgracefully and completely ignored by the States and the Federal Government. Two years in and we still have no ability to trade and generate income as an industry on a national level. We have no grants coming in, no JobKeeper, no National insurance scheme. So when the States do pull the rug from under us with no notice we are left high and dry. Where we thought there was light at the end of the tunnel late last year has very quickly evaporated and we sit here now with more uncertainty than ever before. They say it’s the darkest before dawn… well dawn feels like an eternity away.”

All Full Tilt Sydney ticket-holders will be automatically refunded.

Related Posts